Business Systems Analyst (Environment, Health, and Safety) - 86362
Organization: EH-Environ, Health, & Safety
Berkeley Lab’s Environment, Health, & Safety Division (EHS, https://ehs.lbl.gov/) has an opening for a Business Systems Analyst to join their Operations Team!
In this role, you will perform a range of business analysis activities include planning, performing and implementing system improvements and initiatives, maintaining support of operational systems, and ensuring that systems perform as designed. Reporting to the EHS Operations Project Manager, you will serve as a liaison to program managers or functional owners for EHS business system initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Define and document EHS business and functional requirements
- Monitor and assess business and functional practices to ensure efficient and effective systems are being developed and provided to customers.
- Analyze data relevant to processes and determine process recommendations.
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to analyze process needs and requirements.
- Create and develop test case scenarios, performs functional QA testing, facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT), and performs regression testing.
- Make recommendations on appropriate solutions based on research, benchmarking and best practices.
- Write specifications for technically complex or challenging procurements.
- Support system functional owners with the creation of help sheets and training materials.
- Engage leadership and stakeholders to obtain support and buy in for changes.
- Partner with management, project champions, program owners, process owners, project managers to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Facilitate the on-going communication between functional and technical staff to ensure clarity on problem statements, business requirements, timelines and the feasibility of technical solutions.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled
This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), 3 year, Term appointment with the possibility of extension or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
This position will be hired at a level commensurate with the business needs; and skills, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $140,000 annually.
This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
Work will primarily be performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=156234 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab- Click Here (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits).
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".